Error handling preferences
This is an advanced preference that allows for the configuration of KillDisk's error
handling of continuous processes.
Read/Write Error Handling
KillDisk allows you to select one of three ways to handle Read/Write Errors:
- Abort entire disk group processing
- This means that if you're running a batch erase and one of the disks has
errors, the erase process for ALL the disks in the batch will be
- Abort only failed disk from group processing
- This is the suggested setting. Failed disks will return an error and terminate the erase process, but other disks in the
batch will not be interrupted from completing the erase operation.
- Ignore error for disk grouping
- Ignores the read/write error and continues erasing wherever is possible on the disk. No active or forth going operations
- Number of Read/Write attempts
- Sets the number of attempts KillDisk make to perform an operation when an error is encountered.
- Sectors to skip after detection of a bad sector
- Sets the number of sectors ignored by the software when bad sectors are
- Do not show Read/Write error messages
- Toggle whether or not read/write errors trigger messages to the
- Use disk lock
- Locks disks from being used by any other applications
- Ignore disk lock errors
- Errors encountered with KillDisk not being able to access locked disks
- Ignore read/write errors
- Toggle whether errors should appear for read and/or write errors.