This log view monitors each action taken by the application and displays messages,
notifications and other service information. Use the messages in this screen to observe
and further understand the flow of the recovery process.
To open and activate Application log view do one of the following:
- From main menu choose
- Use F8 keyboard shortcut at any time
It is best to save the log file to a physical disk that is different from the disk that
holds the deleted data. By doing this, you reduce the risk of writing over the data that
you are trying to recover.
- Log filter
Show or hide specific entry types in log view:
- Show warning entries
- Show non-critical warning entries
- Show advanced entries
- Show advanced entries related to application behavior and data analysis
- Show console entries
- Duplicate console entries into main log view
- Show system entries
- Show entries related to operating system activity and state
- Font size
- Change size of mono-space font used in log view for better experience
- Write log on Disk
- Writes log entries in dedicated file on disk, located in application directory.
Off by default.
- Expand and Collapse
- Expand or collapse all log entries respectively
- Clear log for current application sessions
Tip: We recommend that you attach a copy of the log file to all requests made to
our technical support group. The entries in this file will help us resolve certain