Navigating through the Application
Once the KillDisk application is launched, you will be presented with
the main KillDisk application dashboard. From here you can use any of
KillDisk's tools with your system. This section will outline the
main components of the application. The full functionality and features of these
components are discussed in their corresponding sections later in this documentation:
Figure: Navigating the KillDisk application
- File menu bar
- The file menu bar contains can be manipulated to perform nearly any operation in KillDisk, such as accessing elements of the
program such a settings and help, changing views and what is visible in the dashboard, opening tools, and navigating between
- Command Toolbar
- The command toolbar is a dynamic toolbar that allows the user to perform Tabbed Window-specific actions, depending on what window
the user is in and what element is selected.
- Windowed view
- Contains the window that is currently open.
- Output window
- Contains the log of operations KillDisk has performed.
- Advanced tool tabs
- These tabs allow for navigation between the different advanced tool windows.
- Advanced tool window
- This window shows the data for the Advanced tool selected. The window can be moved, popped out and re-sized.
To browse through each of these views, click on the appropriate tab. You may also open a
view from the View menu.
To close the current view at any time, press CTRL+F4. To open any closed view, select it from the
The status bar, at the bottom of the workspace shows the current status of the application or status of the activity in progress.