These settings allow configuring mailer settings for delivering erasing/wiping reports to
your mailbox. Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) is responsible for transmitting e-mail
messages and needs to be configured properly.
These options can be configured in the Free version, but are useable only in the Professional
- Account Type
- KillDisk offers you a free SMTP account located on
www.smtp-server.com that can be used for sending out reports. By default all required
parameters are pre-filled and configured properly. The only field you need to type in is
the e-mail address where reports will be sent to. If your corporate policy does not
allow using services other than its own, you need to switch this option to Custom
Account and configure all settings manually. Ask your system/network administrator to
get these parameters.
- Type the e-mail address where erasing/wiping reports will be sent to.
- Type the e-mail address which you expect these reports to come from.
- SMTP Server
- KillDisk offers you the use of smtp-server.com for a free SMTP
account. This account is pre-configured for KillDisk users. Ask your system/network
administrator to get the SMTP server name to be used in the Custom Account.
- SMTP Port
- For the free SMTP account, KillDisk allows you to use
smtp-server.com on port 80. This is a standard WWW port being used by all web browsers
to access the internet. This port most likely will be kept open on a corporate or home
network. Other ports can be filtered by and closed on a network firewall. Ask your
system/network administrator to set proper SMTP port for the related SMTP server.
- SMTP Server requests authorization
- To avoid spam and other security issues, some SMTP servers require each user to be
authorized before allow sending e-mails. In this case a proper user name and password
are required. Ask your system/network administrator to get proper configuration