provides PDF certificates of erasure
upon the completion of data erase operations. These certificates may be customized to include
company-specific information and notes specific to the particular procedure. Configuring these
custom settings is outlined in the Certificate
section of this guide. A sample of the certificate is shown below:
Figure: Disk Erase Certificate.
Figure: Disk Wipe Certificate
- Company Information
- Displays all company information provided in the preferences. The user in the above
example only provided their business name, but other company information may also be
included in the certificate.
- Technician Information
- Displays the technician information provided in the preferences. Namely, this section
is for the name of the operator and any notes they may want to include in the
- Erasure Results Information
- Displays information pertaining to the erasure procedure conducted on the hard
drive(s). Type of erasure algorithm, custom settings, date and time started and duration
of the erasure are all listed here.
- Uniquely identifies the disk that was operated on by the KillDisk application.
Includes information like Name, Serial Number, Size and Partitioning Scheme.
- System Information
- Provides details on the system used to run KillDisk, such as the Operating System and
Note: The system information here only applies to the system running
KillDisk, not the system that was erased by the application!
Provided KillDisk remains on one workstation, this information will
stay consistent with all systems that the workstation erases.