KillDisk Desktop – KillDisk for Desktop Systems
Copyright(c) 1998-2016 LSoft Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and the LSoft Technologies Inc. for the KillDisk Desktop later referred to as 'PRODUCT'. By setting up, executing and re-installing software, or otherwise using the PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do use the PRODUCT.
WE REQUIRE ALL USERS OF THE PRODUCT TO GET FULL UNDERSTANDING OF THE CAPABILITIES OF THE PRODUCT BEFORE PURCHASING IT. THE PRODUCT DOES NOT HAVE ‘DEMO’, ‘EVALUATION’ OR ‘TRIAL’ VERSIONS. THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT COVERS ONLY PURCHASED PRODUCTS.
The PRODUCT is based on SOFTWARE, developed and maintained by LSoft Technologies Inc and protected with a CodeMeter(c) hardware-based security. The SOFTWARE is installed on the HARDWARE (TheCus(c) N5550), which is developed and supported by TheCus Technology. LSoft Technologies Inc. may have patents, patent applications, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights covering subject matter in this document. The furnishing of this document does not give you any license to these patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property. LSoft Technologies Inc may use in the PRODUCT licensed versions of other company’s technologies protected by international copyright laws.
Copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties protect the PRODUCT.
- GRANT OF LICENSE. THIS EULA GRANTS YOU THE FOLLOWING RIGHTS:
- You may use the PRODUCT without of any limitations on functionality and time frame
- You may erase as many HDDs/SSDs as you need without of extra charges. There is no “charge per erase” policy in effect
- You may update the SOFTWARE part of the PRODUCT online whenever a new version being released, using LSoft Technologies update services
- DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS:
- Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Disassembly, Modification the PRODUCT or Make any attempt to discover the source code of the SOFTWARE
- Rental. You may NOT rent, lease, or lend the PRODUCT. License is issued on the name of the purchaser and is not transferrable
- A license for the SOFTWARE may not be shared or used on a HARDWARE other than supplied by LSoft Technologies or LSoft’s authorized distributors
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY:
- THIS PRODUCT IS SOLD "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES AS TO PERFORMANCE OR MERCHANTABILITY OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE THE PRODUCT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WARRANTY ON THE HARDWARE BOX ITSELF IS ONE YEAR AND PROVIDED BY THECUS TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION, ORIGINAL HARDWARE MANUFACTURER.
- NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall The LSoft Technologies Inc. or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use this PRODUCT, even if LSoft Technologies Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- IN ANY CASE, THE LSOFT TECHNOLOGIES INC ENTIRE LIABILITY UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA SHALL BE LIMITED EXCLUSIVELY TO PRODUCT REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR. In case if the PRODUCT has noticeable physical damages or warranty period is over, extra charge shall be applied for the PRODUCT repair or replacement.
LSoft Technologies Inc. reserves all rights not expressly granted here. CodeMeter (c) is a trademark of WIBU-Systems Corporation. TheCus(c) is a trademark of Thecus Technology Corporation.